Sunday 1 August 2010

A Gardeners Journal June(?) Block

Does it matter that today is the 1st of August? Of course not, it only matters that progress is happening! I finished this orchard block up this morning, and it is so nice to have another one done.  My plan is to continue with the garden tools block next.

I also have another Butterfly Garden block nearly done, so far I am getting one miniblock done per week.
Early days yet though, given my track record of taking a very long time to finish things.  Not a lot exciting happening around here, the girls have been back at school for a couple of weeks, our eldest's netball team still have a few weeks left in the season, and by the end of this month we will have lots of lambs running around.  We have had an incredibly mild winter, no snow, and not too many southerly storms, so hopefully we will have a good lambing, and not lose to many newborn lambs in stormy weather.

Thanks for stopping by ...........till next time, Nicky

6 comments:

Annie said...

The orchard block is so sweet and I love that ladybug. This is coming along nicely.

Still seems so weird to hear you talk about winter while we have all this heat. Nice to know that it's been mild.

Raewyn said...

Beautiful stitching - this is going to be a lovely quilt, Nicky.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for good weather for lambing, and lots of happy healthy lambs running around.

Rowyn said...

It's certainly going to be a beautiful quilt when it is done.

Marlene said...

Your stitching is amazing. Such a cute block. People keep telling me the winter has been cold but I'm loving this sunshine today. Thought if this has been cold then I can cope with this!

Vinniey said...

Enjoyed seeing the progress of all your blocks. The ladybug is cute and I can't wait to see the butterfly garden block. Sweet colors combination! :)

Blu said...

Lovely stitching. That ladybug is so cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails