Friday 25 March 2011

Some stitching progress

It was so interesting looking at the comments on my last post about searches that have sent people to your blog.  Turns out there really are some strange people out there, some in a funny way, and obviously some in a scary way! 

It's been another busy week here, but here is a little progress made this past week. First up is the quilt top I finished up last weekend for my dear little niece. This is Bloom's Abracadabra pattern, using the lovely Bliss fabric I've been drooling over lately. My youngest is behind the top here helping me hold it on the line for a windy day photo.
I'm so pleased with how this has come out, now I'm just waiting on the backing fabric I've ordered and then I'll have to give this quilting lark a go!  I've had a wee play with my new walking foot, and I can't believe how much difference it makes. 

Below are my first two blocks from Tis the Season.  You can check out a whole lot more of these over at the Stitch-Along Blog.  These are fun and quick to stitch, and I've cut out all the pieces for the block borders today, so now I just need to try and keep up to date with the stitching.  (Do great intentions count? lol)
 
And finally, my March block for the Birdie Stitches BOM (link in my sidebar) - this also was a quick stitch this month.  These wee guys put a smile on my face every time, they are so sweet.

I hope you have something lovely planned for the weekend, stitching or otherwise!

Till next time, thanks for visiting me today............................. Nicky 

PS:   A couple of posts ago Annette asked if I could share some stitching tips here for neater stitching.  Thanks Annette for your kind words about my stitching.  Not sure if there is much I can suggest but I will work on a post with some thoughts over the next couple of days.

20 comments:

Siobhán said...

Beautiful stitching! I especially love your Tis The Season blocks. Great job on the quilt top, too! I love those Bliss fabrics.

Annie said...

That quilt top is so fabulous. That's an arrangement I've never seen before.

Tis the season is so cute. Love the stitching and those pretty red fabrics.

And one more sweet birdie. Those are all so much fun.

Glad to hear the walking foot is
working out well.

BubzRugz said...

The quilt is so lovely and fresh... I agree with Annette... your stitching is lovely and I struggle with the consistency you get.... would love some tips...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Nicky your stitching is so neat i find i do mine too small and love your quilt and the fabrics that you have chosen.

Carol said...

I love visiting your blog, Nicky--you always have such pretty things to show us :)

Those birdies are precious--and your stitching really is so perfect. I'm sure your little niece will treasure the quilt you're making for her...

Sally said...

Nicky all your quilting is absolutely beautiful.I especially love the Tis the Season ones.

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Beautiful quilt, and gorgeous stitcheries!
Have a great and creative weekend,
Laila

Aunty Bee said...

The quilt is lovely and I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's Tis' the Season blocks it is a great pattern. Red work and Christmas.......perfect.

Anonymous said...

More beautiful stitching! As I was reading along I saw the name Annette and thought....another Annette, that's cool. Then I read a little further and realised, that's ME! Scuse me while I toddle off feeling somewhat famous for the day............LOL.
Looking forward to the stitching tips immensely!

Cheers,
"THAT" Annette

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

stunning work again Nicky! you have a had a busy and productive time, must be heading for witer months???

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely quilt and nice to see those Tis the Season blocks finished for the month.........

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous stitching. I just love the little birdies...so so cute.

Unknown said...

Love the Personalized Quilt it is so Pretty...Your Blocks are Lovely too well done on this month's finish....
cheers

Blu said...

Love the quilt!
The stitched blocks are so pretty.

dls said...

Love your stitching.... thanks for showing it up close. Your quilt top is so pretty, the colors are so cheerful and fresh. I really enjoy your blog and appreciate your detailed information about the shearing of your sheep you shared with me several weeks back.

Thank you again for such a joyful blog!

Googy Girl said...

great stitching and i love the close up shot's, i am belatedly joining the SAL......

just trying to decide if i will piece and stitch or stitch then piece....

have you tried this
Patricia

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!!

Tatkis said...

Quilt top is so beautiful! And all three blocks are very cute!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Bloom said...

So lovely to see your 'Abracadabra'! I love it in 'Bliss'. You've done a wonderful job. That's hardly a surprise, given the obvious care and attention you give to your stitching. You do beautiful work. Best wishes, Ros x

suzitee said...

Now...how did I miss your gorgeous Bliss quilt? It is beyond gorgeous Nicky, and I love the pattern. You are making Birdie Stitches BOM look very tempting...I've oohed and ahhed, and would SO love to make it...BUT am in a bit over my head with stitching commitments already this year :) Will watch yours grow instead I think :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails