Tuesday 31 December 2013

SSCS gifts

Now that the dust has settled on our Christmas celebrations I want to share the beautiful gifts given to me by Cheryl in the SSCS exchange organised by Chookyblue and her very able assisant Googy girl.  In my last post I showed you the sweet little angel ornament Cheryl stitched for me and here is my beautiful Christmas stitchery piece, isn't it lovely?  I love the pretty variegated thread Cheryl has used, and the festive fabrics too.  Not only did Cheryl give me some of her beautiful stitching, but she also gave me a kit for another of Marg Low's cute Santa ornaments, I've seen some of these around blogland lately and they are lovely!  Thank you Cheryl, I have been thoroughly spoiled....





My SSCS partner was Maria in Australia, and I made her a Shepherds Bush cross stitch design into a Christmas pillow.  I made a few modifications to the pattern to make it the right size and shape.  I included a hexagon bag pattern and a few fabrics for Maria, a little blog spying told me that not only did she like the colour purple but she was a hexie fan too!  


A big thanks to Chookyblue and Googygirl for the time and skills they put into organising this swap, it's the only one I've participated in every year since I started this blog, and I love it, it wouldn't seem like Christmas morning without my SSCS parcel to open!  

Well the year is rapidly drawing to a close, I wish you all a Happy New Year and hope all good things come to you in 2014.  We are going camping with friends for a couple of nights to see the New Year in, so I will see you all again early in 2014.......... till then, take care ...... Nicky xxx





22 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow love what Cheryl sent you Nicky and i love what you sent to Maria.Happy new year to you and your family Nicky.xx

Leanne said...

I bet you get a huge buzz out of opening and making for the swap. See you next year. Happy camping hope nice and fine. Love leanne

Annie said...

Cheryl's piece is beautiful. I'm sure you are thrilled with it. Love your SB pillow. That is a wonderful seasonal gift.

Have fun on the camping trip and have a wonderful new year!

Raewyn said...

Oh yummy, what gorgeous gifts!! Happy Camping and Happy New Year!!!

Wendy said...

Lovely gifts Nicky, your cross stitch is gorgeous! Hope you have fun camping and a happy new year :)

Jindi's Cottage said...

Gorgeous mini-quilt Cheryl stitched for you, the variegated thread is such a pretty combination...your cross-stitch pillow is fabulous, your cross-stitching is beautiful...best swap of the year! Happy 2014!!!

Christine M said...

The stitchery Cheryl made for you is lovely Nicky. I just love the Christmas cross stitch you made for Maria. It is beautiful. Happy New Year, Nicky. See you in 2014!

Unknown said...

Hey Nicky, Just LOVE what you have done with the SB piece.... very pretty. Are you going to join their fold series this year? Clare and I are at the moment.

Unknown said...

Oh Happy Camping too.... have fun and I hope the weather is fine for you too.

Lynda said...

Happy New Year Nicky. I love the cross stitch you sent to Maria.

Leeanne said...

A happy camping New Year to you! Lovely gifts.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sent and received are both beautiful...

Susan said...

Lovely gifts Nicky. Your little cross stitch is gorgeous. Happy camping and happy new year.

Sharon @ OSEWDIVINE said...

Ooh aren't you the lucky one, nice pressies hope you had a lovely Xmas, happy new year Nicky.

Leanne said...

Happy New Year to you Nicky, this is our year to get our Leanne's house quilt FINISHED. Your gifts are beautiful. Enjoy them all.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Lovely gifts made and received! ...I really Love the X-stitch! ..Have a great New Year Xx Lea

Andrea said...

Wonderful gifts.

Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Fiona said...

Great gifts both sent and received ... All the best for 2014 to you
Hugz

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

What gorgeous work! Happy New Year, I don't make resolutions, no point I've failed by the end of the 2nd day! But I do want to do more stitchery this year. Looking forward to seeing what you do over the coming months...so c'mon, het yer needle out and gerron wiv it :D

Chookyblue...... said...

what a lovely swap parcel you received........and I was just at Maria and she loves what you sent to her too...........thanks for being part of the SSCS 2013.........

Grethe said...

Great swaps! I love being part of the SSCS too. Happy New Sewing Year 2014,Nicky:))

Anthea said...

Hello Nicky - Happy New Year!
Wow they are stunning gifts both made & received for SSCS - well done...
Have a great 2014 x

Related Posts with Thumbnails